Downloading old versions
For compatibilty reasons you might want to download and install older versions of Firefox.
Older FF releases
An example of directly downloading is:
Prevent Auto Updating
The IBM tools (and other non-IBM tools) might not work with the latest and greatest versions
of a browser. Check for support of your level. A issue is the auto updating of the browsers.
Below is described how you can disable the auto-update of Firefox.
There are several ways:
- In the Microsoft Services, Mozilla Maintenance Service set to "Disabled".
- Settings (but than you have started FF already):
Select the Update tab and "Never check for updates".
- Alternatively, based on the work published here.
- You must set these prefs in about:config to disable automatic updating:
app.update.auto - false
app.update.enabled - false
app.update.silent - false
app.update.service.enabled - false
Rest using Firefox
There are several versions to use REST calls in Firefox.
Firefox using the URL
An example URL to get the XML of a Work Item.
Figure: You can paste the URL directly in de Firefox addressbar.
When using View Source you see the actual XML.
Rest using Poster
Manually sending/receiving REST requests can be done with the
Firefox Poster plugin. This is how I use it:
- Login in a normal way using the GUI (and the credentials of the user you use for RPE)
- In Poster, add the following header before sending data.
When doing a post this option of Content-Type
Figure: PUT a JSON message
- Enter a URL to interrogate:
Add the "Quality Management" to the url, the () are replaced with %28 and spaces are + ...
- Use the GET button.
RIT Stub testing using Poster
You have to define additional header fields in the SOAP message:
The actual poster URL should be pointing to the active proxy.
Figure: Testing addnumbers-stub using poster.
Figure: Header properties for testing the stub.
You can hit the stub directly by using the location as shown in the proxy rules. (location with a high )